Hey………… it’s Jay here and thanks for checking out my site.
Have you been searching for information about how to lose weight and keep it off……..something that makes sense to you?
I can’t guarantee that this video will make sense to you……..but I bet it will.
It will also give you an opening move that will get you started losing weight immediately.
In the video I talk about The A – Z Roadmap For Effective Weight Loss. To receive your free copy, fill in your name and email address below
What Are You After?
Are you looking for a fast weight loss plan or are you looking for a fat burning program, to rid your body of excess fat?
The two are not the same. In fact they are distinctly different and require different approaches.
Fast Weight Loss Plans
If you are looking for a fast weight loss plan, you will find that on this site. It could be because
- An impending event is looming in the near future and you want to look good for it. It could be a vacation, a wedding, an important social gathering, an important meeting, or a party of some kind, etc.
- An event has just occurred, during which you overindulged in food and/or drink. That event could be a vacation or the Christmas holiday season, for example
- Summer is approaching and you want to look good, or at least better than you look now. During the summer you wear much less clothing than during the other seasons. Your body is more exposed. You will spend alot of time in a bathing suit, shorts, and skimpy tops
Fat Burning Programs
If you are looking for a fat burning program, or regimen, you will find that on this site as well. It could be because
- You suffer from a medical condition that will improve by reducing your body fat.
- You are worried about future medical conditions that could arise because of the excess fat that you are carrying
- You are healthy and fit, but you want to prevent future medical conditions from occurring
- Your career would be severely affected if you carried excess fat on your body – ie – professional actors, dancers, models, athletes, sportsmen etc.
- You engage in hobbies and activities that are best served by a fit body – ie- surfing, snow boarding and/or skiing, bodybuilding, mountain climbing/rock climbing, sports of any kind, bycycle riding, and outdoor activities
- Overall fitness, health, well being, and your appearance is extremely important to you in your life
Does a fat burning program suit you best or should you do a fast weight loss plan?
Which program or plan suits you best?
Click here if you would like to find out about the most popular fast weight loss program on the internet
You will find a review of many of the best fast weight loss programs and fat burning programs on this site.
What You Need To Know
A decision to follow a fat burning program (any fat burning program)
should not be taken lightly. It should be thought through very carefully.
You must be clear about your motivation to do so and what such a program
To experience benefits from a fat burning program and to maintain those
benefits requires the following:
1. A lifetime commitment to healthy eating and exercise
2. A permanent change in your eating habits
3. A commitment to continuous exercise
This likely will require a significant lifestyle change for the rest of
Out goes frequent consumption of
A. Hamburgers and fries
B. Hot dogs
D. Much of the Mexican food that you like
E. Much of the Italian food that you like
F. Tasty fried foods
H. Soft drinks like Coke and Pepsi
I. Potato chips, corn chips, pretzels etc
J. Processed foods
K. Cake and pastries
L. Ice cream
M. Sweet deserts
A. At least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise every day (can be a brisk
B. A healthy diet consisting of fresh food – meat, poulty, fish,
vegetables, fruit, pasta, bread, eggs etc
C. Eating less than you have been eating at meal times, but having
something healthy to eat 5-6 times a day (approximately every 3 hours)
For a change such as this to occur in your life, you must be committed to
it. To be committed to it, you must have a strong reason for doing it.
Write down your purpose for committing to a fat burning program-right now.
Now answer the following question:
When you achieve (the purpose you have written down), what will you get
If your answer to this question provides you with sufficient motivation
to undertake the above changes for the rest of your life, a fat burning
program can work for you.
A program that is based on good nutrition and exercise is the only way you
can reduce your body fat to a healthy level and maintain it.
This is also the only healthy way to achieve weight loss and maintain that
weight loss. When you begin a fat burning program, you can expect to lose
1-2 pounds per week.
There is no such thing as the best fat burning program.
There is only a best program for you. What works best for one person may
not work best for you. The right program for you must fit your
life circumstances and the specific outcomes that you want from it.
Therefore, to help you to find out more about the various programs,
I have reviewed each of the most popular programs.
You will find a review of each fat burning program on a separate page on
Which Is More Important To Fat Burning?
An understanding of fat burning exercise and nutrition are both vital to achieve and sustain permanent weight loss and fat reduction.
To neglect either would likely mean failure or, at the very least, a long and very difficult journey.
There have only been a few studies to establish whether nutrition or exercise has a bigger impact on fat burning. Of the two, professionals in the field of Applied Physiology and Exercise have concluded that fat burning exercise has the bigger impact on permanent weight loss.
Click here to find out about the fat burning exercise program that has thousands of raving customers
Interesting Results From Weight Loss Studies
A few studies were done comparing weight loss results between people who move from the big cities to the suburbs and vice versa. The subjects in the cities and the suburbs had similar diet intakes. The results were expected but fascinating.
- within the first year of moving from a city to the suburbs, a person gained an average of 15Lbs
- within the first six to eight months of moving to a city from the suburbs, a person lost an average of 15Lbs
The main conclusion of the studies: walking in the city vs riding a car to go anywhere in the suburbs, was responsible for the weight change.
When considering the relative impact that exercise and nutrition has on fat burning and weight loss, an expert said that exercise accounts for 55%-60% and nutrition for 35%-40%.
- if you eat OK, or not so good, and dont exercise, you will lose nothing
- if you eat OK, or not so good, but you exercise daily and efficiently, you will lose weight fairly rapidly
- if you eat incredibly well and dont exercise, you can lose weight very slowly
- some people can eat incredibly well and not exercise and yet cannot lose any weight
- if you eat incredibly well, exercise daily and efficiently, you will have the fastest and most effective weight loss
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat
If you are serious about fat burning and ridding your body of excess fat and weight, and keeping it off, you must understand some fundamental fat burning nutrition facts about what happens in your body when you eat.
First three basic definitions:
It is also called blood sugar. It is your body’s main source of energy. Your body makes glucose from the food you eat. The primary function of glucose is to provide energy to the cells of your body. Glucose is carried to each cell through the bloodstream.
Blood Sugar Level
This is the amount of glucose in your blood at a given time.
- your blood sugar level is higher than normal, after you have eaten a meal
- your blood sugar level would be normal, a few hours after eating a meal
- your blood sugar level is lower than normal, when you havnt eaten for 3 hours or more
- the longer you go without eating, the lower your blood sugar level will be
- when you feel hungry, you have a low blood sugar level
- when you have a low blood sugar level and then eat, your blood sugar level will increase sharply. Your body will generate a large amount of insulin
Insulin is produced by your pancreas. It helps your body use glucose for energy. It is released into the bloodstream during every meal. It tells your muscle cells to use glucose for energy. In the presence of insulin in your muscle cells, the cells cannot use previously stored fat for energy.
Simply put, you can view insulin as the”gatekeeper” for the cells of your body. It opens the “door” so that glucose can gain access.
There are three keys to fat burning nutrition and permanent weight loss.
- What you eat
- How much you eat
- When you eat
They determine the amount of insulin produced by your body. The more insulin that gets released during each meal, the fatter you will become.
How you get fatter
When you eat too much food in one meal, or you eat too much sugar, or you go more than 3 hours without eating, here is what happens in your body:
- too much glucose is made by your body
- too much insulin is released into your bloodstream
- insulin tells your body to use glucose for energy
- your muscle cells take the amount of glucose they need to provide you with energy
- excessive insulin in the body prevents the utilization of fat, previously stored, as energy. This means that there is no fat burning or weight loss
This results in flab.
If you want to stop and reverse weight and fat gain, it is essential that understand fat burning nutrition and how to control the blood sugar level in your body.
Blood sugar regulation is one of the centerpieces of any fat burning program.
Some general guidelines for losing weight safely are:
Eat fewer calories
- The best formula for losing weight is to decrease the number of calories you get while increasing your physical activity every day
- Depending on how active you are, you may need between 1,500 — 2,500 calories a day
- A safe plan is to eat 300 to 500 fewer calories a day to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week
Lose weight slowly
- It is best to aim for losing 1/2 to 2 pounds a week
- By improving eating and exercise habits, you will develop a healthier lifestyle. This will help you to control your weight over time
- You will also lower your chances of getting heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes
- “Crash” diets may take off pounds faster, but can cause you to gain back even more pounds than you lost after you stop the diet
- Get active for at least 30 minutes every day. You don’t have to train for a marathon to be active!
- Brisk walking, gardening, riding a bicycle, tennis and dancing all count as exercise
- You can also break up the 30 minutes into three 10-minute periods
- To get even more active every day, you can do things like park farther away from the mall in the parking lot and take the stairs instead of the elevator
- The idea is to use up more calories than you eat each day. This will keep the calories from being stored as fat in your body
Eat less fat and sugar
- This will help lower the number of calories you eat each day
- Select foods whose labels say low, light or reduced to describe calories or fat,
including milk products and cheese
- Eat lean types of meat, poultry, and fish
- Eat less sugar and fewer sweets (don’t forget that soda and juice can have lots of sugar)
- Drink less or no alcohol
Eat a wide variety of foods, including starches and dairy products
- This helps your body to get the nutrients and vitamins it needs to be healthy
- Include plenty of vegetables, fruits, grain products and whole grains each day
- Don’t skip dairy products — there are many good tasting low, no, and reduced fat milks,
yogurts, cheeses, ice creams, and other products to choose from
- Proper calcium intake is needed for all women to prevent bone loss
- Starch is an important source of energy that all bodies need, even when a person is trying to lose weight. It is found in foods like potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, beans,
and some vegetables
- Foods high in starch can become high in fat and calories when you eat them in large amounts, or when they are made with rich sauces, oils, or other high-fat toppings like butter, sour cream, or mayonnaise. Stick to starchy foods that are high in fiber, like whole grains, beans, and peas
Practice portion control
- Eat smaller amounts of food at each meal. Let go of belonging to the “clean plate club.” Don’t feel like you have to eat everything on your plate, even when eating out
- You can also try eating more small meals throughout the day, rather than three large meals
- It can be hard to start a weight loss program, particularly if you are out of shape and not used to exercising. Ask your family and friends for support
- Try to find an exercise buddy
- Make your activity fun and social — go on a walk or hike with a friend or learn a new sport like tennis or ice-skating
Treat yourself (once in a while)
- When trying to lose weight, we all feel tempted to “cheat” by eating a favorite, rich food like cake or cookies
- Sometimes it can be helpful to eat a small amount of a favorite food. This may keep you from craving it and overeating if you do “cheat”
The Fat Burning Furnace, by Rob Poulos, is a 158 page guide on how to lose fat and gain lean muscle in order to look better and also raise your resting metabolic rate(RMR). That is the ‘furnace’ part.
The program is about how you can raise your resting metabolic rate (RMR), so that your body burns hundreds more calories each day.
The main pillar of the program is high-intensity resistance training. The program covers nutrition as well and discusses what you should be eating to maximise fat loss.
The program does not encourage cardio vascular exercise at all.
Theory behind the Fat Burning Furnace Program
At the core of the system is its weight loss and strength training plan, which enables you to build lean muscle mass, which in turn burns fat.
Exercises that work out the full body are provided. The author says that the key in this system is to perform the exercises very slowly. He says that this tires the muscles and has maximum impact on them.
The program involves the following
- short workouts 3 times a week, to begin with, and 2 times a week later on
- each workout will take 20 minutes, which is less time than other workout programs
- you only do 1 repetition of each exercise, as opposed to 3 repetitions of most programs. You only do 1 repetition because you do it very slowly
- a simple way to watch what you eat and give your body what it needs to maximize fat loss
The workouts may be short but they are intense. The exercises are described in detail in the guide. It includes detailed photos of each exercise along with a detailed explanation of how it needs to be done.
The guide has a ‘break in’ routine for those who haven’t exercised in years. There are beginner, intermediate and advanced workout plans that you can work through.
Pros and Cons of the Fat Burning Furnace
- You will burn fat and lose weight gradually if you follow this program. Losing weight gradually is the way to permanent weight loss
- You will maintain these gains for as long as you follow the program
- It takes less time to do than any other fat burning program
- Thousands of people worldwide have done the program. There are many rave testimonials about the fat burning results from this program
- The is no cardio exercise on this program. Cardio exercise plays a major part in most fat burning programs
- The nutrition part of this program is weaker than many of the other fat burning programs
- If you dont already have it, you will need a gym membership or dumbells, bench and resistance training machines for your home
If you are happy to do high intensity work outs, you will burn fat and lose weight if you follow this program. You should however supplement this program with 30 minutes of daily cardio exercise.
If high intensity workouts do not appeal to you, this is not a good program for you. There are other programs that focus on cardio exercise and nutrition to produce fat burning and weight loss results.
Combat The Fat is a fat burning program that is based on weight training. If the idea of weight training does not appeal to you at all, this program is not for you.
The program was developed by Jeff Johnson, who spent years as a military physical fitness instructor. The program is based on his experiences developing the fitness of soldiers.
This, in itself, will scare off a number of people from this program. If you are still reading this review, this program may be for you.
The Basis of the Combat The Fat Program
- Weight training builds muscle tissue
- As muscle tissue requires more calories than other tissues, your metabolism will increase as your muscles increase
- With an increase in your metabolism will come fat burning – even when your body is at rest
The program unfolds 5 strategies for fat burning
- Focus on building and toning your muscles instead of losing fat
- Do not give up the foods you love to eat
- To lose weight you, you must master your body weight
- Never go on a “diet” to lose weight. Focus instead on the way in which you eat in order to lose weight
- It requires motivation to stick to a fitness routine. You must find your motivation
There are three e-books in the Combat the Fat program – Guides 1, 2 and 3. The first
guide is about the military fitness program. Guide 2 is a workbook about the basics of
the workout. And Guide 3 is a manual of nutrition. They are written in a way that is easy
From them you will learn the theory behind fat loss, the exercises you need to do to
burn fat, and about diet and nutrition for fat burning. It covers
- All fitness levels for both men and women
- Three recommended 45-minute workouts per week
- Exercise descriptions inclusive of illustrations
- A daily eating strategy
The Combat the Fat Program is not designed to produce a physique that is sought by bodybuilders. If that is what you are after, this program is not for you. It is designed to build a lean and strong body.
Pros and Cons of Combat The Fat
- The program is written in layman terms and is easy to understand
- You can progress at your own pace. You can do as much or as little of the workouts as you want to burn fat and lose weight. However, if you don’t follow the exercise and nutrition guidelines exactly, it will take you longer to achieve the body that you want
- The program has a step-by-step training journal, which you can use to document your progress
- The program does not promote itself as a fast fat loss and weight loss program
- You should see significant results in as little as 12 weeks
- The program omits daily aerobic exercise, which plays an important part in fat burning
- Some people interested in fat burning have an aversion to weight training workouts
- The program calls for three 45 minute workouts per week. Some people will not be able to do this
- The program requires gym membership or that you have your own weights at home
Combat The Fat is a good fat burning program. It will work for you, if you are happy to follow a weight training routine and have the time to do three 45 minute workouts per week. If not, this is not a good program for you. You should look elsewhere.
The Diet Solution Program is a fat burning system that focuses on nutrition. It is a 180
page ebook written by nutritionist Isabel De Los Rios.
This program will show you exactly what foods you need to eat to be healthy and lose
unwanted fat. The key is to feed your body the right way, so you can get the best
results and keep them for life.
The system requires you to make a lifestyle change.
The Diet Solution and Metabolic Type
The first step in the program is to determine your metabolic type. The author says this
about metabolic type
- Your ancestors and your environment dictate how your body will process and
digest food. An Eskimo will need a meal plan higher in healthy fats to keep warm. An
Hawaiian will need a meal plan higher in veggies and fruits to stay cool
- Every person’s metabolism responds differently to food. You may feel your best, and stay at your ideal weight, when you eat higher fat proteins along with lots of vegetables. Other people may do better with higher amounts of natural carbohydrates and lower fat proteins
The Diet Solution Program provides a detailed, and easy to answer, test to determine your
own personal metabolic type and then tells you exactly which foods are the best fit for you.
You are categorized as a
- protein metabolic type, or
- carbohydrate metabolic type, or
- mixed metabolic type
How It Works
Each type requires different amounts and varieties of healthy proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
Detailed meal plans are provided for each type. You are also provided with detailed
information on what to eat and what foods to avoid.
Essentially, this is a fat loss and weight loss system that is based on sound nutritional
advice that requires its followers to do the following in order to burn fat and lose weight
- Eat in accordance with metabolic type
- Stay within ideal calorie ranges
- Consume a variety of high quality food
Pros and Cons of The Diet Solution Program
- It provides sound nutritional advice
- It advocates gradual weight loss – 1 or 2 pounds per week
- If followed, it will produce fat loss and weight loss
- It is a good weight loss program for those people who are unable to exercise
- While the nutrition information provided is based upon scientific fact, the concept of metabolic type is not based on fact. It is a popular concept that may or not be true
- The program does not address exercise, which is the most significant factor in fat burning, weight control and overall health
- Because the program does not contain exercise, it will take longer to lose fat and lose weight
You will lose weight and burn fat on the Diet Solution program. Apart from metabolic type, the nutrition information is scientifically sound.
The Top Secret Fat Loss Secret is a weight loss program based around a detox diet.
It is a 48 page e-book written by Dr. Suzanne Gudakunst, an MD.
The Top Secret Revealed
The Top Secret Fat Loss Secret is this
- your body builds up fat around your vital organs in order
to stop toxins building up. It is a protection mechanism
- the fat around your midsection, buttocks and/or thighs is a sign that you have this ‘toxic build up’
- you have disgusting plaque and horrible little critters living in your guts called “colon parasites”. They can cause you to crave sugary foods and disturb your metabolism
Why You Cant Lose Weight
The author says
“The Reason You Can’t Lose Weight has Nothing to Do With Your Will-Power, Over-Eating or the Right Diet!” It has to do with these harmful “colon parasites”, which everyone has.
- breed inside your stomach, small and large intestines and colon
- cause you to puff up
- cause you to gain lots of weight
- cause you to get sick
- take many, many years off your life
The Top Secret Fat Loss Secret solution is a detox diet.
The nasty critters use your body as a ‘Food Storehouse’ so they can live and breed by the millions. When you do the diet, the toxins (nasty critters) are flushed out along with stubborn fat.
The author suggests natural remedies and supplements that can be used to give yourself a liver and colon cleanse. A detoxing cleanse should be done before, during, and after any weight loss plan. Her reasons for doing it during and after a weight loss program are as follows
- as you lose weight and fat, the toxins that had been stored in that fat are released into your body. Some of it may be eliminated by your body through its normal elimination processes – but not all of it
- those toxins that remain in your body can cause ill health
- those toxins that remain in your body will make it difficult to lose weight. The author says that this is the reason that some people do not lose weight when doing weight loss programs
Pros and Cons of the Top Secret Fat Loss Secret Program
- this program is based upon an attractive concept that is fashionable. If the concept appeals to you, it may be worth a try
- this program may have some validity as a very short term weight loss solution
- it may help some people who really have followed other weight loss programs and failed to lose weight
- while the program is written by a doctor, there is no scientific research to support its concepts
- the program does not include an exercise element, which is important to achieve permanent weight and fat loss
While the Top Secret Fat Loss Secret program may have some merit as a short term weight loss plan, it is not a good long term solution. Perhaps if it done in conjunction with a good long term fat burning program, it may have some benefit.